Friday, May 15, 2009

Moving forward

Some people make New Year's Resolutions in January, but June 1 seems better for me. The school year is done, and campus will soon be quiet. It's a good time for reflection...and with warmer weather and food from the CSA starting to arrive, I'd have a fighting chance at keeping the standard New Year's resolutions.

But beyond the stereotypical "lose the last 10 baby lbs and exercise more", I have another way I want to move forward...no excuses.

I will be better prepared for class...no excuses.
I will not complain about all the things I have to do...no excuses.
I will get to know my students as individuals, even if I'm vastly outnumbered...no excuses.

Excuses just make me look less confident. I need to own my performance, and do the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment